Author Topic: CASE HISTORIES OF CREW OVERBOARD  (Read 9570 times)

Brian

• Brian
  • BVSPS Member
    • View Profile
    • RedSkySails.com
CASE HISTORIES OF CREW OVERBOARD
« on: December 31, 2012, 11:54:28 AM »
I ran across this document from US Sailing Safety At Sea Studies on the National USPS website.  It provides some great background information for running a MOB drill. Here is the link to the original and I also attached a copy if you want to download it.:

Case Histories of Crew Overboard.

--Brian

« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 08:29:43 PM by Webmaster »
Fair Sails
Red Sky Sails

DHughes

• BVSPS Member
    • View Profile
Re: CASE HISTORIES OF CREW OVERBOARD
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 02:11:36 PM »
This is a worthy, large read at 27 pages. I will have to do it in peaces.

Thanks to Brian for locating it and providing it here.

Dave
PS my reply does not show an address. I assume it is to the group and not just to Brian who posted the document.

Brian

• Brian
  • BVSPS Member
    • View Profile
    • RedSkySails.com
Re: CASE HISTORIES OF CREW OVERBOARD
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 05:14:26 PM »
The "Topic" design of this forum allows a user to create a thread of discussion on a particular subject.  Only those that are participating in the thread will receive a mail notification (if they so desire) when updates are made to the thread.  Otherwise, users will see the Topic highlighted as "new content" the next time they login so that they can peruse the new entries since last time they logged in. It is nice to come back each week or month and be able to see only the new things.  It is a pretty cool system that I believe has a lot of potential!

For example:
I posted this "Topic" primarily to share what I thought was some good educational boating information - perfect for advocates/trainers of USPS educational development.  Although the system Help does not really describe using the Forum in this manner I am an information junkie (I like to share on the internet), so I think this design works pretty well for sharing content. One of its more valuable attributes of using the forum in this manner is that it empowers ALL users to be able to edit and contribute content to the website in a user friendly manner -- and it is automatically subject to a peer review -- can't beat that! 
Fair Sails
Red Sky Sails